Thursday, March 27, 2008

Your Writing Destination

Writers are notorious for keeping to themselves. They are more introverted than social and it's hard for them to get out there to meet the public, do the PR thing and to market themselves.

But, it's necessary if we want a certain outcome--people buying our work, having a full time writing career, etc.

Today, I did a bit of marketing for my eBook Unleash Your Writing Muse. I have to admit, just thinking about the task was daunting. It overwhelmed me and made me a bit nervous. But, once I got into it, I quite enjoyed it. I think I am starting to value my work enough to get it out there. Also, I'm taking pride in my work and I see myself as a professional running a business.

Where do you want to go with your writing? What is your goal? Do you just want to write for the sake of writing or do you want to go a bit further? There's nothing wrong with either of these options. However, if you want to go further, believe in yourself enough to get your work out there for others to enjoy. It truly feels amazing.

No comments: