Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Writing for Yo'self or Others?

Photo credit: Tamara Hanson


Wow! Haven't been around in a long while. Time to get back into the groove of things.

So, currently, I am working on several projects, which always seems to be the case. I have one young adult project, Sacred Circle, that I have been working on for a number of years. I should mention that I finished it at one point, then last year decided to refurbish it. Hoping to be done that this year.

The second project, More Than This, is the one I worked on for Nanowrimo 2011. It would be great to finish that this year as well.

My third project is a collaborative effort. It is a biography/self-help/inspirational of sorts. Not my life story...someone else's. I have to say I am very excited about this project. I think it will bring about change. I'm fairly certain there will be many people who won't like it because it touches on a sensitive topic. But, I can't make everyone happy. Nor can I write for others. Writers should always write from their hearts. Readers know when a writer is writing from the heart or writing from ....well, not the heart.

Also, don't over filter what is being written. I tend to do this: filter out what I am saying because I think about that one person who might not like what has been said. Why? I should write for me, write from the heart. Go with the flow. There's no other way to write.

No comments: