Sunday, September 30, 2012

What Are You Doing Right Now?


Photo credit: Tamara Hanson




You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you. ~Ray Bradbury

Every month, it’s always a good idea to reflect back on what you happened with your writing in the last 30 days. Did you do it every day? Once a week? Did you forget about it till now? And how did it work out for you?
My days fly by….not unlike everyone else’s days.  I really don’t know where they go. Maybe I spend too much time on Facebook; that’s always a time killer. Sometimes I’m so tired at the end of the day, I can’t find a creative thought if it stared me in the eyes.
What do you do then? You keep moving forward and stop beating yourself up about it. You refocus, set goals for the week ahead and decide then and there you would knock-off 500 words before bed. Whatever it is you think would feel right to you, do it.
Right now, I’m ignoring the dishes in the sink and the laundry crying out to be washed. I’ll get to it later. Right now, it’s all about me and my writing.


No comments: