Monday, July 21, 2008

The Importance of Finding Your Genre

When writing, it's important to find a genre that you enjoy; something that you are absolutely passionate about.

If you are writing because you think it's a quick way to make money or an easy way to fame, and not because you love it, people will see right through that. Your story won't sound genuine and your readers will be left with a bad taste in their mouths. This isn't a good way to start a writer/reader relationship.

Readers need to build trust with an author. They want to see if you can continue to deliver the goods or if you're just full of it. A good thing to remember is to write something that speaks to you. Good stories will flow from your head to your hand without much struggle.

Today I released my ebook Dear Money. Although this isn't something I typically write about, the book seemed to channel through me and onto my computer.

The book spoke to me and I knew I had to write it. It was important to me and there was enough passion there to see it through.

When writing, make sure you have a love for what you are writing about. Your readers will love you for it.

No comments: