Thursday, July 3, 2008

Inspired Writing

Today, I am tired. Not just a little tired, but very tired. It's even an effort to turn on the computer.

So, where can inspired writing come from when there is no energy to take it from? Sometimes just sitting down to write a blog entry is all that is needed to get the creativity going, even if it's only for a little bit.

Right now, I'm trying to revamp my freelance writing/mentoring businesses. Where do I want to go with them and what would make me extremely happy?

Novel writing is my first love. My secondary thing would be to inspire adults and children to write freely without fear or judgement. I want to take my workshops out to the schools and to corporations where things are a little stuffy and stagnant.

I read recently that employers are now looking for people who can utilize both the left and right side of the brain. The left side is for logical thinking. The right side for creative thinking. Employers are finding a major benefit in an employee who is 'right-brained'. These people can easily think outside the standard.

This is why it's so important to bring creativity into the schools and workplace. Not only are employees well-rounded but children will gain the confidence they need to achieve more in adulthood.

Now, how does this tie into me being tired? Not sure, but it was a good intro anyway.

No comments: